Thursday, October 7, 2010

Missing My Mike.



I've not said much about my husband, Mike. I feel like I need to tell you our story. He and I met on the internet. A yahoo chat room to be honest. (I know. I met a guy on the internet.) I was chatting with several friends when an im from him popped up. I somehow misplaced it for 2 whole hours. I replied back because I felt like it was the right thing to do. We got to chatting and hit it off instantly. We liked alot of the same books, music, movies.

So after a month of talking we decide to meet. We have movie night at my place. (Technically, my moms' place. I was living with her at the time.) I answered the door and did something I'll almost regret for the rest of my life. I judged a person on looks alone. I'll never do that again. He just didn't seem my type. Shaggy brown hair, blah brown eyes. I'm telling you, I was mentally mean. He came in and we talked a few minutes. We went back to my living room and put on a movie. I don't even remember now what movie it was. I remember about 15 minutes into it, he bravely put his hand on mine, and we held hands for awhile. Then he slid his arm around my shoulder. The whole time I'm thinking, Oh god. What do I do? How do I back out of this?

He said my name, and I looked at him. He kissed me for the first time, and I had a premonition of us walking down the aisle. Just like that. One kiss is all it took. He ended up sleeping over. *Key word there. Sleeping.* He left at 6 the next morning, and called me that night to arrange another date.

I've never looked back. I've never wanted to. He's the air I breathe. I love him so much my heart aches, and right now, I'm missing him like crazy. My husband is a trucker, you see. Gone 3-6 weeks, home 2-4 days. I talk to him almost daily. We text when he's not driving or sleeping. But it isn't the same as rolling over and looking into his beautiful brown eyes. Or being woken up by him snuggling into me. He is everything right in my world.

He's been gone for 2 weeks and won't be home until the 28th. I'm just pushing through until then. Isn't that what we do in life? Push through the rain, the mud, the muck, just to get to our sunshine, our air, our rainbow?

Love to all,
Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment