Friday, October 1, 2010

Acceptance.

People struggle with acceptance every day. I struggle to be accepted as overweight. (Yes, I'm working on it, but you still would not believe how many people are rude to me on a daily basis.) Other people struggle because of a mental/physical handicap. And then there are people like my friend, Ryan.


I love him. He's so dang sweet, and happy. All the time. This is him visiting me at work. Ryan is very open about who he is and what he likes. He's a very special person to me. Whenever he leaves, he always tells me he loves me. And I tell him I love him too. It never fails though, after he leaves, someone feels the need to say something mean. I've gotten to the point where I'll ask people, "Do you know him? No? Then don't say another word about him, because he's MY friend." Yes, I know. I live & work in a small town in the bible belt. It doesn't matter. I don't care. People need to stop being so judgemental. A few quotes from the bible for those who judge -Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgement ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

As for me, I'll just continue to do what I do best. Supporting my friends & family with a smile on my face. I love you Ryan.

Love to ALL,
Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment