Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Movies, Books, and Flair





 I've turned into a flair addict. For those of you who don't know what flair is, go watch the movie Office Space. Not only will you find out what flair is, you'll also laugh until your sides hurt. Or you cry. Or both. Anyway, my aunt got me addicted to flair on facebook. Everyday, I go through and send her random stuff so I can add flair to my board. Last night, I found the Anita Blake flair. Oh, I was ecstatic. And this morning, I found the Labyrinth flair. There aren't really words to express how happy it made me.











Ok, now then. For those of you who read but have not heard of Anita Blake, she's the X rated version of Twilight, except better. Yes. Twilight was a great series, but it was written with teenagers and young adults in mind. I've always loved who I am, but I want to be Anita Blake. So, if you like vampires, were-beings, and sarcasm, check those books out. Oh, and by the way, the Anita Blake series came way before Twilight.












Labyrinth. I say that word and what comes to mind for you? For me, it will always be David Bowie. (And his ridiculously tight pants.) When I was a little girl, I loved the movie because of the singing and the fantasy of it. Now I watch it and think, Wow. David Bowie looks the same as he did then. And he does. Does that man never age? Is he really the Goblin King? If so, does anyone have a baby brother I can give to him?





I know. I'm so very wrong, but hey, I've never claimed to be right. I'm not. Anyway. I've included links for Anita Blake stuff, Labyrinth, and Office Space. As for me, I'm getting ready for work. It'll be slow and I'll be wishing Jareth or Jean Claude will walk through my door. Preferrably together. With Asher, Micah, and Jason behind them.

Love to All,
Allie

3 comments:

  1. I tried posting a comment and it disappeared! Grrr. So, sorry if this ends up being a double, but I'm going to post it again...

    It's nice to know that I have someone to share my addiction with! I love Flair! Didn't know about the movie or Anita Blake. Why haven't you told me about her and when are you going to let me borrow the series?! Seriously!
    Finding the first Labyrinth flair was unexpected and awesome and then I found another one last night. I was old enough when the movie came out to appreciate all the scenes with DB in those ridiculously tight pants! I was also still young enough that I didn't like JC's whiny brat character. I suppose it's because I recognized myself too much and didn't like what I saw. I always felt sorry for Hoggle. You do know that they have/had him on display down at Unclaimed Baggage, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I know about Hoggle. Search Labyrinth in the flair section. They have like 15ish pages? And I'll bring the series over probably Friday. I've gotta pick up the books I've loaned to mom & Christina. I try to order a new book each week because OMG. Just wait. You'll see lol. I've been tempted to go take a pic of me & Hoggle. And if you don't know Office Space, Netflix it. Seriously. Now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! Call or text me Friday and let me know! I can't wait; I really need something to read! I've already Netflix-ed it! lol

    ReplyDelete