Monday, September 27, 2010

Tired.

   Tired. That is the word for today. I did a bad, bad thing. Well not extremely bad. Not even immoral or illegal. Just not good for me. I didn't go to sleep until around 1 this morning. Why? Because I just couldn't wind down quickly enough. And then, I woke up at 7. I didn't want to. I had my alarm set for 7:45, but oh no, my brain decided I needed to be awake 45 minutes early. So I snuggled with my demon dogs for 45 mins before I forced myself out of bed. I put on my new sports bra. (Danskin High Impact - it's awesome) & my workout clothes and headed to moms house.

  We went to the walking track in Henagar. I love to work out with mom. It's so much fun. She just so happens to be my best friend. So anyway, it's been kinda rainy here. Which is awesome, because we need the rain. But it is major suck to walk in the rain. We'd done 1.5 miles when we noticed the storm clouds moving in. We made the big loop to add the last .5 mile in one. We'd just finished our cool down stretches & gotten in the car when the skies opened up and poured buckets. That walking track is pretty great. There are just a few things wrong with it. It needs to be resurfaced. There are several cracks that make it a little unstable in places. That is caused by what you see in the picture below.



  These are workers for the city of Henagar that collect the garbage. Instead of walking over to the trash barrel and carrying it 10 feet, it is apparently neccessary to drive on the walking track. Where I might add, people were still walking. How effed up is that? What totally kills me is the fact that there are signs everywhere that state no cars/bikes/skateboards on the walking track. Grrr.

  Alright, so after that we had to rush over to Pisgah school & take my minion some pain reliever. Someone opened the door and it cut her toe really badly. After we checked on her, we flew (not really) back to mom's house so we could do the strength training routine before I got ready for work. I had to be there at 11:30 am.

  Work was slam busy tonight. Mondays are usually slow after 5, but we were busy right up until 8. I've been going, going, going all day and I am worn out. But before I leave, I'm going to copy & paste the Day Two post from sparkpeople. I hope whomever is reading this is enjoying it. I'm really enjoying writing it.

Day Two : Oh. Em. Gee. I woke up this morning & I was so sore. But it was such a good feeling. My stomach, my arms, my thighs... all sore. And I loved it. Every time I moved, I could feel it. It was great. Is that weird? I went to see my dad today. Trying to do the whole balance work, family, friends, life thing. And the first thing he says? Gosh, you're getting so little! And my daddy? He calls it like it is. Not so long ago, he said to me, Shay... you're fat. And I said yeah, you too kettle. (That's how we've always been. Nothing but love, I swear.) So to hear him tell me repeatedly today that I was getting smaller & he was so proud of me, well that just makes me glow. From the inside out. So yes. I am sore, but I am ecstatic.


Love to all,
Allie

By the way, Danskin does not support me in any way, shape, form, or fashion. I just happen to love that bra.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're doing well. That's awesome that you get to work out with your mom like that! Have you considered showing that pic of the truck to someone at Henagar Town Hall or something? Ask them why the town workers get to ignore the posted signs. It might start an interesting conversation. I'm happy for you about your success so far and about your dad noticing. He needs to find some kind of exercise/weight loss plan that he can do even with his back injury. If he lost weight it would help his back and legs, etc. immensely as well as improve his other medical conditions. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I can work out with mom too. I'm studying as to what to do with the pic. And I agree 100% about daddy. Hopefully he will.

    ReplyDelete