Sunday, March 27, 2011

Domo Arigato...

Mr. Roboto
I went to Tae Kwon Do with my sister in law, C on Friday. Her son, M, has graduated up to a green belt. This means he's sparring now. It's so funny to watch. They can barely move in their safety gear, and they have to do their whole form and everything. Another part of their gear is a mouth piece. When they have to answer the teacher, it's "Yes, Sir."  Once the gear is on, they still have to answer, and it's " Yesh, Shur." I was cracking up the whole time.

M is 11, and one of his 1st sparring partners was a 6 year old girl. I could see the oh, crap look on both of their faces, and heard her whisper, "Please don't hurt me." It was so comical, and heartbreaking at the same time to watch. Jessica, the girl, was giving it all she had and M was just barely punching her. When you spar, you're supposed to kick, punch, and go for head shots. He never hit her harder than a light tap, and never actually tried to kick her. I know in tournament it would be different, but I was just so proud at that moment, seeing him being some form of a gentleman.

Anyway, remember how I said I miss my co-workers? Well, I was out & about one day last week and dropped in to see Brenda, the assistant manager where I worked. We chatted for a bit, and then I left. Two days later, she called me, and offered a temp position while Tabby is on maternity leave. It's kinda bittersweet. She had a beautiful baby boy.

I'm a little scared to go, to see all the people that I knew and loved and am afraid to see the pity in their eyes. Wish me luck.

Love to all,
Allie

3 comments:

  1. Good luck, Sweetie! I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.

    R.W. Emerson

    Now what about your writings?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous....right now I'm just trying to get my head right. I don't know where to even begin.

    ReplyDelete